Balanced Bookkeeping of NC is a growing accounting firm looking to add to our team.
Our company values proactive and innovative thinking. Since our main focus is on exceptional customer experience, being driven to meet our clients’ needs and support them and the rest of the team is crucial. This position offers the opportunity to be solution-oriented, and we are looking for someone who finds great satisfaction in perfecting processes and planning for long-term growth for and within our company. We value individuals who are strongly aligned with our Core Values of Education, Collaboration, Efficiency, and Resourcefulness. This is what we provide to our clients each day and on which we have built our team and reputation.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reconciling multiple clients monthly
- Responsible for researching and posting adjustments for any revenue variances monthly which may include conversations with clients and vendors
- Responsible for performing Monthly Bank Reconciliations including any necessary adjustments
- Complete monthly journal entries as needed
- Record day to day financial transaction and complete the posting process
- Assist with monthly and quarterly sales tax filing as needed
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Responsible for communicating with clients professionally and effectively to answer questions and to educate them as requested
- Ability to reason, work, and problem-solve independently in order to carry assignments to completion according to expected timelines while adhering to established policies and procedures; exercise judgment in the absence of clear directives
- Execute, as applicable, processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable management, bookkeeping entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with your manager and other Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services through timely and effective communication, delivery on deadlines and stellar accounting support.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters.
- Provide direction to clients on how to utilize Quickbooks software correctly and advise clients on ways to increase efficiency.
- Knowledge of Trust accounting procedures for Legal or Property Management accounting is a plus
- Knowledge of Non-profit accounting procedures is helpful as well.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills required, written and verbal
- Computer skills: Google Workspace, MS Office – Excel skills required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Organized & detail-oriented; able to keep sight of multiple deadlines & responsibilities
- Must have excellent work habits, and the ability to prioritize tasks, especially when dealing with important deadlines across multiple clients
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Minimum 3 Years of Previous accounting experience
- Minimum 3 Years of QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooksOnline experience
- Experience in Xero, Appfolio, Yardi or Buildium Software is a plus
- In office position
- Full time, Client facing position
- Benefits include PTO, Flexible Holiday Schedule, Simple IRA with company match and flexible start times
- Dress code is casual
- Rate of pay $18-$22.00 depending on experience.
- Please email resume to [email protected]